Maybe Cause of The Floor Surface?

Maybe Cause of The Floor Surface?

Candelaria Gaff… 0 33 01.17 06:32

Sunday. Download Mockup Templates 7/7/2002: New Server!

Finaly a dependable server! This will be nice. Now I actualy have one thing to postpone updating! No links have been up to date. In the event you spot one thing that does not work, e-mail me at: richfiles@mac.com. I'll try to Work totally on making all the pieces work first earlier than I attempt new stuff. A minimum of my content is finaly again! It's about time. I will always keep my TI stuff avaliable, and that i someday plan to rewrite to make all of it much clearer, but it may be fairly a while earlier than new content appears. Most of my new content material will likely be in the robotics part, nevertheless, since Spyder, I have been more concerned about working on fixing up my house. Eventualy, I'll begin again up. I finaly acquired the accelerometers for one challenge, but I have to arrange a router to chop aluminum sheet earlier than that mission even begins. Stay up for the positioning actualy not going down every week, and staying down for 6 months at a time anymore!

Sunday. 10/14/2001: Updates

I'll actualy begin updating extra typically this winter. I'll have most of my repairs and improvements accomplished. All the great things for GameCube will come out shortly after launch, so there is a window of oppurtunity and lack of anything to do. This will be the time to do some updates. I'll also have recieved my TI-Graph Link USB by then! Among the updates, there must be some cleaned up sections, probably rewritten. Some sections will see some disclaimers. Quite a lot of the upgrades I used to do have resonable alternate options, or are impossible on some newer fashions of calculator. TI has been catching on... Look at the TI-83+ SE for instance. It's already turboed, it's in a clear case, it is got it's personal large internal reminiscence archive. It even comes preloaded with all kinds of software program. and now, the calcs are getting ASM assist in-built. TI even has developer kits now! These are things that now we have been hacking and tweaking on our calcs for half a decade! Now they're giving us some of the things we would like, out of the field, but at the same time, making some things harder to alter. New mannequin LCDs don't take backlights very well, and the ninety two and 89 Won't. You'll damage the LCD trying to put in one. If it has the rounded case as a substitute of the rectangular case, a backlight is not going to work properly, or presumably even at all. I'm positive it is attainable, however not simple. The work and risk to the calculator that can be required is insane. Memory expansion continues to be my perfect improve. What good is all these options, if you don't have room to carry them all in reminiscence! That's why I need to see the memory expanders make a good comeback. I say TI must make their own business memory expander that makes use of one thing like SanDisk Secure Digital (SD), Compact Flash, or SmartMedia playing cards (avaliable at practically any electronics department or retailer) and has a calc appropriate interface. I'd love such a gadget. I'm certain an inexpensive LCD and a few buttons wouldn't be too dangerous. They could do an incredible job at such a system. I really look ahead to the day that occurs, if ever.

Friday. 10/12/2001: Silver!!?!??!!? Indigo!?!!?!?!

I noticed it... I saw the TI-83+ Silver Edition (a.okay.a. the calculator with the actually lengthy title) at my native Target. Once i noticed the bundle... Over 1.5 MB of reminiscence, 2.5x quicker than TI-83+... AND It's SEE Through WITH SILVER GLITTERS!!! : ) That is one superb calculator. I persoanly would like a TI-89 Silver version, however hey, nothing's excellent. This calc comes preloaded with lots of cool stuff, even the periodic desk of parts, a spreadsheet, and some other packages including a few games! It's true self is shown with it is storage. It had 1.Three MB of archive space, regardless of having preloaded software program. This is truly the new calc to have. I'd say the TI-83+ SE, 86, and 89 are by far the most effective calc's to personal proper now. If nothing, else, decide one of those. The 89 is best for those who need energy. It has a very highly effective processor (for a calculator) and it does have a decent amount of RAM. It's display screen is an absolute pixel packer with it is excessive decision. This is the calc to personal for advanced software program. The TI-83+ SE is the better of the low end calcs in reminiscence and processor velocity. TI has designed this calc to act like our hacked turbo calcs! It's fast! With that added memory, it's going to be an excelent calc for storing plenty of video games and applications. The TI-86 is up there solely cause it's the modern version of the TI-85. It at all times was the king. I's where all of it began. ASM and hardware hacks. THe TI-86 is so similar, however just a barely updated version. It's nonetheless my favourite calc interface. Simple, little screen muddle. Not to say that the display screen is at a better resolution than the 83+ SE. It's limitation after all is it is RAM. If it had the massive memory like the 83+ SE, it might be king. It all comes right down to that reminiscence. I can't wait to see what 3 years has finished to my beloved TI-86, and where TI-83 and 89 progress has led... You see, for the previous 3 years, I've been unable to graphlink. I had the old Grey link. It worked on my Mac... Till it died! I bought a new Mac in 1999, a Power Macintosh G3 B&W 400. It's an superior machine, but it has no serial ports. I now finaly am worknig and am getting some extra money in. I will be ready to buy the USB graphlink. I also picked up translucent grey and green slide covers for my calcs. Translucent gray will go with either my 86 or 89 effortlesly, and my favorite shade is inexperienced, so I had to have a kind of. I'll quickly be testing all those issues that have appeared in the final 3 years. Another thing concerning the lack of a graphlink, was I couldn't threat opening my calcs, or Completely free what software program I did have put in! I can now finaly again up my 86, repair the backlight, and then restore the memory. I'm additionally eager about expanders. I recal the E2 venture a while back. I was going to build one, but never got to it. I would additionally like to know if the TI-89 drivers have been ever completed. I would like TI-83+ SE drivers, however on account of it is reminiscence, they are a decrease priority. Also, anybody know in the event that they help sending of backups? Well... For that mater, if the folks concerned, are even nonetheless concerned. On another, non TI, observe, I will be getting a Nintendo Gamecube this November. Updates can be scarce, trigger proper now I'm engaged on dwelling enhancements, after which, when i get time freed up from that (cause it's getting colder), I'll be devoting my free hours to gawking on the graphics of my new sport console and having fun with the excelent gameplay. I'm especialy looking ahead to a handfull of actual gems I know are comming it's approach: Mario, Zelda, Pokémon, Resident Evil, Eternal Darkness, Star Wars Rogue Leader, and Pikmin to call just a few. I have some buddies who will probably be very greatful after i pick up Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3. I'm additionally very thrilled to hear that some of the greatest SEGA titles will likely be headed to Gamecube as well. Phantasy Star Online and Skies of Arcadia to name a couple of! I'll tell you one factor... I own Skies of Arcadia on Dreamcast, and I'm shopping for it once more when it comes out on Gamecube. This sport is a beautiful, lovely sport, and it is one among my favorite games of all time. It ranks proper up with the Zelda video games and Chrono Trigger. This sport makes me feel like I'm playing a "Zelda RPG", if such a factor were to ever exist, however in a special recreation world. The sport focuses a lot on exploration and discovery of the world. Rather than provide you with forty characters to swap out on a regular basis, it focuses on three primary characters (and three extra, of whom you may choose one at a time) and builds their character to factors that I havn't seen since SNES Square titles. This sport is a true gem, and it was never correctly marketed or promoted by SEGA or Overworks. It fell through the cracks on the again of a wonderful machine that was killed whereas nonetheless trying to reach it's prime! The Dreamcast version is a truely wonderful spectacle, and even when the Gamecube verion turns into nothing more than a straight port, it would still be worth it. I own a Dreamcast and a copy of the original DC Skies of Arcadia. I will still buy the Gamecube version, even when solely a direct port. I hope for enhancements. I at the least imagine some loading needs to be diminished. One thing I'll miss nevertheless... That loud Dreamcast drive mechanism Always giving freely when a battle is about to start, reminding me to fast hit the menu and heal up... Whrrrrr-Whrr : ) What's received me disapointed though, is what Nintendo has carried out to Zelda (hey look it is Power Puff Link! ) : Yeah, yeah... I do know the game will nonetheless have that Miyamoto touch to it is gameplay. Whether I tolerate it despite the graphic fashion should be seen. I know people who are devout Zelda followers and are all out boycotting Zelda, and even Nintendo as an entire over this concern. For individuals who don't know, Nintendo has been dooing two issues over the years... They have progressively made Link, the main character in Zelda, youthful and youthful. They have also been giving the game a darker feel to it. Last 12 months, at Spaceworld 2000, they demoed a video of a brand new Zelda featuring very realisticly rendered graphics of an grownup or older teenage hyperlink dueling with a viscuios wanting Gannondorf Dragmire, his arch enemy. The sequence was breathtaking and videos of the event depicted folks screaming and cheering out loud, even over the present ground noises over how amazed and excited they had been over this upcomming title... Well, Nintendo dropped a bomb on those folks this 12 months at Spaceworld 2001: and H-Bomb!!! They revealed what looked like a5-eight 12 months outdated hyperlink that seemed too scarrily like a woman and animated on the display to appear like a cross between Loony Tunes and Power Puff Girls. The graphics are gorgeous cel-shading based mostly animation. It doesn't look computerish, however prefer it had been hand drawn to match your moves on the controller. Even the gameplay appeared amazing! It is a spectacular sight, and video games like Jet Grind Radio have nothing on the animation on this new Zelda sport, however technical prowess aside, that has NOTHING to do with why individuals hate this game. We, the followers, were promised a darkish, practical Zelda adventure, and we are given a gorgeous, but unwanted Power Puff/Looney Tunes Link. I don't even mind the Cel-Shading render engine. I just down't understand what brought about them to change the fashion. They could have modeled the characters off the character artwork in the manuals of the previous games, after which given the whole Zelda world a form of darkish anime style... But NOOOOOOO!!! If you're a Zelda fan, you might want to let Nintendo know that we'd reasonably want darkish anime type than Chibi Power Puff Looney Tunes Link model. It's the same engine! They still get their efficiency boots with the anime style, however they APEASE the offended fans who caught with them for so long and now are runing into Nintendo's tuned backs. They've carried out something horrible to one in all the one "darkish" video games they've.

Sunday. 8/26/2001: My Robots Results in the Fair

My robots did fairly well on the county honest. I pulled straight blue ribbons for all four. Spyder additionally received a Grand Champion ribbon! Very good.

Tuesday. 8/14/2001: Of Robots and Ribbons

Well, I entered my robot's into the county honest. I had to make Walkman and Bronco compete against the identical first place ribbon unfortunately, trigger I used to be limited to wierd entry sorts similar to "Working Model", "Metalcraft", and "Not Otherwise Specified"... Well, in a small rural county fair, you ain't gonna get "Robotics", "Electromechanical", Or "Technological Creation!" Point is, I bought them entered. I positive hope they win some ribbons. Heck, I feel Spyder alone impressed my interviewers enough to get the job I've now! Surely that beast has received to drag some form of ribbon! Well, That's it for in the present day. I'll try to get pics of my house and automobile over the weekend. I might do it as we speak or tommorow, however I won't. I'll procrastinate as standard, so I'll skip a few days in planning! : )

Sunday. 8/5/2001: Uhh... Woah! That was a very long time.

Things have definitely modified over this time. Last replace was October of 2000. It's now August of 2001. It has been too lengthy! A combo considting of labor, spectacular video games, and loosing my password to my account, having a number of stuff to do around MY house, and being lazy all led to virtually a year of nothing... No updates, no anything. Hmm... "MY home"... Yep, I purchased my very own dwelling! I'm out of faculty, working, and own a house and a pleasant car. I work at a small motor producer, Tachtronic Instruments, as a technitian. I construct and restore Amplifiers (a type of brushless DC motor driver). I additionally occasinaly do motor meeting and testing. It's a fantastic job. I get to do one thing I like, and it pays me nicely enough! To assume, I took Electric Motor Theory as a "filler" course! :) As for my house... It is a single story place. Basement in very excelent condition. It has three small bedrooms and one large basement room in the back the dimensions of all three bedrooms. There may be a large open space in the basement, dwelling room, kitchen, and two bathrooms. My bedroom is the largest of the three. The middle one is now a retailer room, but I used to rent it I rent the basement bedroom to household. The smallest bedroom is my workshop. The previous proprietor had it converted to a laundry room. Which means sizzling and cold running water, and a drain. It has plenty of windows, so great illumination. Also has the exhaust vent for the dryer. That is important. I bought a sandblasting sales space from my employer for $10. I modified it to take one hundred twenty volt home energy as a substitute of 3 part industrial. I'm currently working a small fan that vent solder fumes by way of the dryer vent. It is not too highly effective, however I intend to purchase a much bigger fan later and permanerntly mount it. I'm borrowing a Hakko soldering iron to assemble driver boards for the amplifiers I build... I intend to buy my very own Hakko as soon because the cash from my first work comes in. I will never use one other soldering iron again, not even Weller!!! I like this factor! I additionally bought a brand new automobile. I began off with that little red 1984 Pontiac Sunbird Turbo. Loved that factor however the cold killed it. I then bought my mom's '87 Chevrolet Celebrity. It ran wonderfuly, though it seemed horrible. It hit a deer and the passenger side headlight mounts were fully smashed up. I ended up fixing it with a pair of tractor work lights bolted to the physique of the automotive! I as soon as opened the sunroof and it flew off, practically taking my hand off with it. Do you know the curvature of the glass makes it pick up peak like an airplane's wing? nicely, now you recognize that! I drove with garbage baggage for some time and eventualy made a plexiglass substitute. I even had a chicken make a nest within the rust hole of the driver's facet door once! : ) I never once recalled that automobile having a major engine or transmission problem... ever! It finaly obtained an EST (Electronic Spark Timing) error. EST error will take out most cars in a mere 50 miles I hear, but this factor ran for a few year after! Seeing "EST Error: Do not Drive!" on an LCD readout ain't probably the most reassuruing factor, however it stored going. It's Tech 4 engine was an actual work of reliability! My next automotive was my mother's Corsica. it is a very good automotive, however it all the time bugged me for some cause. I started to grow to prefer it, so once i finaly got rid of it, it kinda sucked. It was one of these "ghost downside" cars. It'd do one thing and then by no means do it again, so a mechanic might by no means repair it. That or it just wouldn't do something for the mechanic. My current automotive is very nice! It is a gentle blue 1989 Pontiac Firebird Formula. This automotive is completely superb! You typicaly do not think of a V8, power, AND gas economic system as one thing that can all coexist, but they do on this car! I drove from my house in southern Minnesota all of the strategy to Sommerset Wisconsin and back to pick up some folks from the 2001 Ozzfest concert there. The complete distance from Sommerset to the Minnesota/Wisconsin border was cease and go. I aslo needed to drop them off on the way again, which added an hour to the journey. All this while going a nice 70 and plus on the interstates and i solely used 3/four tank! Nice! When I'm not doing further work constructing driver boards at residence or making an attempt to sustain my house, I like to take a seat back an relax with a very good vido game. I acquired The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask mere weeks after my final update. That recreation was very good. I beloved it. It was a much darker game than Ocarina of Time was. It had way more character improvement for non player characters. This alone was a major enchancment over the previous Zeldas. I moved on to Conker's Bad Fur Day and Paper Mario, which while both are good I've but to complete. I then got Aidyn Chronicles. It's a really Ad&D sort game. It's a must to be into that sort of stuff or this recreation shall be simply tedious. It plays rather slowly, and battles drag out. The graphics and sound look first generation, however where it shines is the environments! Imagine walking from one city, by means of an enormous forest and right into a mountain range without ever seeing a gate or load display! You may literaly walk for around half an hour for those who go to all of the locations avaliable. I mapped out a portion of the realm. It took a complete of 8 sheets of printer paper an array of four vast by 2 tall to map out solely the northern east west expanse of the forest. This does not embody the mountain range or the southern forest space. 2 villages, a set of ruins, and a gate to a city reside in this space! The game is large! Most recently I've been enjoying the re-launch of Chrono Trigger on the ultimate Fantasy Chronicles set for Playstation. Chrono Trigger is a real classic in and of itself, and is my primary ranked console RPG of all time! Chrono Trigger has one close contender although. I beat this recreation last June, and the time I spent taking part in it was a few of essentially the most fun I've had in a video recreation since Zelda first graced the N64... Skies of Arcadia for the Sega Dreamcast. In case you love RPGs and Zelda, then this is your recreation. It's an RPG that emphasizes on exploration an discovery. It FEELs so much like a "Zelda RPG" it is scary. Sure, totally different world and all, however the model is there. This game is digital addiction, and it completely sucked me in. This sport is beautiful, and it options a quite simple RPG story line that focuses, moderately on building a dozzen completely different characters, builds on just three main characters and lets you might have a 4th. This actually gave the producers of this recreation the flexibility to allow you to get to know the characters you play. The emotion and story in this recreation is just so great. It is a simplistic game. Just a basic good guys beat the dangerous guys and have some fun on the way. It's a particular change from the fashion that Final Fantasy has taken. The battle system is slightly different, but I realy favored it. It stresses particular talents over staight out magic. Battles are very frequent, generally excruciatingly frequent, however it is managable. The voice appearing is pretty lousy, however I didn't care. it added humor! Hehe : ) I actualy ended up putting over 80 hours into this game. This goes to be a fast replace... nothing however a nes replace, just to let people know I'm alive. I'll add some pictures of my house and my new car to the web page shortly. Updates won't come usually, however they will come. Rather a lot has changed since beginning to work! I nonetheless have all of the TI related stuff within the previous replace laying around, but I still need to compile it into net web page format. I havn't had a lot time. I haven't had the time to be taught programming on the Mac. I want to, however again, no time. Work is the very best precedence. I know this page has made a distinction although. Many peple contact me all the time for questions. I have been making an attempt to keep up with those at the least. I'll see how the page goes in time. The models part has not seen work since it's inception and has no content material. I'll in all probability end up turning into a gallery for my fashions and not the once proposed model constructing heart it was intended to be. That almost would make it Misc part material, but then my menu would have a gap! : ) Oh yeah, and I'm going o slowly section out the small bit of advertizing on my web page. It's worthless, and a waste of bandwidth. All Advantage was once awesome, but now they don't seem to be price something hardly. There isn't any extra level. I'm wiping all of it from my web page. I believe it will be appreciated. Less litter. I like it that way. Well, It's time for me to call it a night. Any longer and I'll have to vary the date of this replace to Monday! : )

Tuesday. 10/3/2000: New options to be added to TI part!

This is a really early Tuesday replace (technicly, it's nonetheless Monday, but God forbid I update three times in sooner or later! :) I have aquired some new information that covers many TI associated hardware tasks. These embrace a RAM expansion for the TI-92, added info on the Electroluminescent Backlight, a attainable RF link for Various TI calculators (unfortunately, I feel it nonetheless requires specialized software, and isn't compatible with TI's switch format, although I've theories about making it compatible), and finaly the homemade paralel and serial hyperlink cables! I'm also studying Macintosh software improvement, and want to both create a hyperlink program myself, or try to get someone else to start out this undertaking. I also am occupied with USB expertise. If I can gain sufficient information, I would like to initiate a USB link venture. This is a long run plan nonetheless. Don't expect the Mac/USB hyperlink very soon. I needs to be starting a job very soon, so that is my highest priority proper now.

Monday. 10/2/2000: TI Acceleration pages RESTORED!!!

This is an addendum to the earlier Monday update. After figuring out a mistake in my login data, and fixing it, I was capable of get back into my FTP account. Well, at the moment I spent the time to scan and contact up the images and do the HTML required for all my TI acceleration ages to be restored! They are higher than they were before the crash that lost them, and that i also have more than I used to. I've all new sections for every calculator! No more TI-81, 85, and 86 on the same page. There at the moment are sections for the TI-81, 82, 83, 85, 86, 89, and a piece that has info on each the TI-92 and the TI-92 II on the same web page. Please feel free to look at the new sections. They are beneath "Acceleration" on the TI Calculators section.

Monday. 10/2/2000: Oops!

Hehe! I forgot the proper method of logging into my ftp account for this page. Also lost a thousand stored e-mails. Bad factor. Anyway, i just now found out what I was doing fallacious, and fastened it. I should be in a position so as to add the updates to the sections. talked about in the final information item.

Tuesday. 9/19/2000: I've Found the TI acceleration data, plus more!!!

Over a yr ago, problems with my site on-line, and a hard drive crash concurrently knocked out a portion of my website. I've spent some time researching over the web and have finaly gathered up the knowledge that I lost so way back. I believe I actualy have the information now to rebuild these lost portions. I also discovered some new stuff!

Tuesday. 9/19/2000: Spyder Lives!

Yes, you heard it proper! The long delay for the reason that last update was spent doing a number of things, together with work on Spyder! Spyder now walks, and quite properly! I plan to rubberize the legs for added traction, and i might be doing additions to Spyder, however for now, it does work. Go to the robotics section to view the new info on Spyder. There are also 2 new movies. You possibly can entry them from the Spyder page in the robotics part. In other information, There appears to be a sudden curiosity in TI-Hardware. I have been getting mails from people with all types of questions about turbo upgrades. I'll mention a few steadily requested questions right here: Turbo:

The TI-81, 85, and 86 turbo upgrades are very similar, and are on the same page. Some folks have seen conflicting instructions. Here's the real deal. Put a swap in series with the unique capacitor for a fast/regular turbo switch for these three calculators. You do not even want so as to add the 1 pf capacitor until you expertise graphics coruption (usualy garbage on the display, or strains showing that do not belong. If these issues seem, solder a 1 pf Capcacitor (easily avaliable from a package from Radio shack with numerous values of pf valued capacitors) accross the terminals of the switch. This is the most ultimate turbo method for the three calculators mentioned above. The eighty two and 83 are similar to each other, however they're very "finicky" about these values. I lost a large portion of my old web site, in addition to backup files a while ago. I haven't been capable of finding this info and when i do, will probably be imediately posted. Try Dimention-TI or ticalc.org to go looking their databases for different individuals's websites (I think about they possible have links). SPinTerface:

I don't consider the SPinTerface to be almost as helpful because it as soon as was. Back when the Expander SF was around, it was the perfect upgrade. Now that most current gadgets of it's kind (such as the Extender II) are 2 chips at the least, and draw more power when active. The perfect arrangement is a Module port on the actual gadget for reminiscence expansion. There are only a few SPinTerface functions. If you can do it with the link port, I recomend it. Should you realy need one however don't wish to modify the calculator to such an extensive degree (and not drain the calculator batteries so rapidly, it could also be extra cheap to build the SPinTerface in a small mission box with a self contained battery and a hyperlink cable (or socket to plug your hyperlink cable into it). Memory Expansion:

I've been unable to contact the one that designed the EII. His page has either moved or disapeared. I wouldn't have the flexibility to recreate the EII microcontroler. I shouldn't have the hardware or the source code to take action. If anybody knows the place both the EII web page or Bryan Rittmeyer (sp?) is, let me know. This is the individual to contact. I will continue searching for info. I do have a supply that made PCBs for it at one time. I have no idea if the challenge was transfered to him or not. As with all new data, it will be posted here when i study of it. Well, finaly, I have been slowly adding photographs and shortly plan to rebuild a lot of the web site. Stay tuned!

Sunday. 7/23/2000: No replace since WHEN!!! We're again!

How do I put this... OUCH!!! The Richfiles was down for a very long time. I am unable to even recall how long. It's been even longer since an replace! The problem is that I had new content however had not executed the HTML, so now I have an entire LOAD of photographs and information that haven't any pages utilizing them. It's been so long since I might even acess the server that I've merely forgotten what's what. This has led me to at least one answer... Undergo the whole site. Rebuild, restructure, recycle, and even change. I have already moved all video off server. They at the moment are hosted at Apple's iTool iMovie theatre. I have direct hyperlinks to them, in addition to iMovie theatre pages, and a semi opperational mirror of the Richfiles at the Apple iTools homepage. Hopefuly, with sme more work, I can create a completely practical mirror there. I really like iTools from Apple! Free 20 MB of homepage house/internet arduous drive. The exhausting drive mounts in your desktop and and you drag recordsdata to and from it like you'd any local onerous drive. Beautiful integration! Anyway, We're again, and i will be trying to work on my web page very soon. What are the plans... First, restructure the templates (the parts that apply accross the online page). They need dire updating and work. I'm additionally going to attempt to work out the zero border problem, if I can figure out WHY it occurs. Suggestions are welcome. Second, I believe I'll restructure the TI section. The TI part is the oldest section, and it is the part that holds the most significance right here. It is the very cause I'm on this server. I must go through and reduce out the out of date materials, the sections I can not full, in addition to lifeless gadgets (the EII exists, but nor the Expander II... in the event you remember it). The TI-Basic programming part prooved to have coding dificultys from the beginning, and that i've seen an abundance of coding websites on the market, so I am passing the duty to them. RIP programming section. I'll keep my archive, however will probably be small, and named that... The TI program archive. Maybe I can replace it too. I'm also dumping all .SIT format files. it will all be .ZIP, since now, even the trusty Macintosh comes customary with Stuffit Expander and the ability to decompress .ZIP information. Third, the Models part can have something achieved with it. Currently, it's a mere shell of the web page I used to be as soon as gonig to do, however it had no content material. I supposed to make the Richfiles right into a type of passion central. Unfortunately, it has not occurred, and until I upgrade to my next Macintosh and get my own high speed line and convert this one to a devoted server, or an alternative choice opens up, that won't happen. Therefore, the Models part will probably be pulled out and put into my local archive. In it's place can be a short Models page that shows photographs of my most prized hand made fashions. It is not going to be the proposed buildings, trains, automobiles, layouts, tips, ideas, and strategies site that I wanted in the far previous. Whether I fully kill the fashions part and place the scaled again "picture album" of my fashions into the Misc part, or whether or not I depart the models part, however only embody the photograph web page, has but to be determined. Finaly, my favourite of my current hobbys, the robots. New photos sit in the server, and I am undecided they've connections to any pages. I do not even know. I'm havily contemplating, not solely the total rewrite of theTI part, but in addition the rewrite of some parts of the robotics part. Well... With luck, I'll be working quickly. That means earnings, and earnings means extra raw supplies for projects. I am desparately desirous to get a TI-89. I wish to do a couple of minor mods and put up the results here. I feel that might spark an curiosity in my TI work again. My eighty two was damaged, my 85's batteries have died and my graphlink is gone. My 86 is my only calc that remains to be in actual use, and but I concern to upgrade it since my graphlink is gone and my favorite ASM applications are installed. My 92 received sold to a frien who needed a calc badly. The deal was, once i had cash, and if he did not want it anymore, I could get it back... some idiot stole it from him though. That has hampered the production of STICK Fighters ninety two by... uhh... loads! My 83 was rarely used, so I offered it. My 86 and 85 are keepers. Although I have been through several 85s and many refits, it contains some of the original parts that were included with my very first decent TI calculator. It has at all times been there, and as soon as I get batterys and my graphlink, and a computer that can run it, Daedalus goes proper again from whence it disapeared! :) As for the robots... Quadrapod is actualy making some progress. I may be saving my residence made controller for a customized built Lexan or PVC Quadrapod using mini servos and even gear motors. It'll be round 2/3 the dimensions of the Lynxmotion equipment, and if it is product of Lexan, or Plexiglass, should be 100% clear. It should either use the custom controller I designed, or an entire new one. I could ditch the 6 Nv loop and substitute it with a branched bicore or a grasp/slave bicore. It could lead to a quicker and more stable strolling gait. It might additionally incorporate sensors to detect objects and edges. I are not looking for this factor strolling off tables like a certain Walkman did at the Tv studio. This will probably be an autonomous machine, though I'll have override switches. It is not going to be possible to hold a digicam. I want it to include a fairly massive community of neurons that I can just play with to expiriment with numerous behaviors. I need the robot to after all avoid obstacles and edges, however I additionally what it to do one thing apart from walk until it encounters such a thing. I would like it to work together. I want a mass of optical sensors. maybe with the sensors and a community organized excellent, it might possibly present some signs of attention-grabbing emergent habits. Also, if colored Lexan is avaliable, I may attempt to make it green. Imagine a transparent inexperienced robotic walking accross your lawn, attempting to chase your pet! :) Expect some form of replace quickly, if nothing prevents it... (Oh! Who am I kidding! It'll probably be one other month at this fee! Maybe I'll get lucky and build up a while... or that all essential ambition factor! :)

Sunday. 3/12/2000: Oh my GOSH!!! The Richfiles is Back!!! Now with an autonomous Powerbook & two new videos!

Well, after the server came up, shortly after March began, I decided to replace... Well, there wasn't but any means for me to do that until a few extra issues got reconfigured. I finaly received the information to connect with update, and it appears to be like like I'm set! There are two new videos avaliable of Bronco and Walkman (the massive one, my first bot). They're larger than a few of my others. They present higher particulars of the gaits and their pace. Each tile on the flooring is exactly 12 inches (one foot) lengthy. That's about 30 CM in metric. Video is actual time speed I've begun planning for BEAMac, an Apple Powerbook 1400 gone mobile. No, the factor ain't a CPU primarily based bot. It is a BEAM based robotic that will search gentle and travel round avoiding obstacles. I'm nonetheless trying to determine what I need it to do, and the way, but for starters, it'll be a fundamental photovore with a light tracking head (one axis, vertical movement). I want to make it able to main autonomy. Because of the big size of the area I plan to use for the solar panels (the screen space), I can afford to throw in a lot of circuitry. There's enough house for it! 9 volts @ 60 mA for a budget $6.00 photo voltaic panels and if I can find a 9x7 inch solar panel, I want to get it as a substitute, since I might then fill the entire screen house. I wish to get a pair of VERY prime quality gear motors to drive the bot, and a caster wheel to trail the again finish. I'm considering of using an inverted trackball for that task. I need it to have a excessive capacity battery that will run it at evening. Unlike most of my bots that are luminously challenged, I would like this factor to flaunt all that battery energy when it get's darkish by way of multicolored LEDs. If I mount them on the back panel, I can slide the transparent or the opaque panel over it if I resolve I don't want the sunshine (like if i am sleeping and it is bugging me). Loads remains to be just idea and ideas, but I'll add to the bot as I do extra. For starters,it's going to be a combo photovore & gentle tracking head. I'll add new things as time passes. It'll basicly be a fancy version of Megavore, however using a unique Nv/Nu configuration. It backs up after which spins in place when it encounters an object, instead of doing the standard on the spot spin. I also intend to have it arrange to shut the photo voltaic panel if it contacts something. or lean it again if it contacts something whereas moving forward, so it could possibly clear it. If it get's dark during such a maneuver, I would like it to reverse it's course and turn round. There are several behaviors I need to implement. I feel I have a technique to do it as effectively. I simply must do it accurately, and that i want to be able to tie output into single inputs. I consider this can be executed with diodes. BEAMac must be one among my best wheeled robots ever. It'll look great, have a wealthy set of behaviors, and naturally, be the reincarnation of my trusty previous Macintosh! :) R. I. P. "Reincarnated In Pieces"!

Thursday. 3/01/2000

Today. 3/12/2000: New Bot on the best way, and man is it a child!

Hehe! Walkman, do not step in your little brother! Walkman Jr. is on it't method! It's a small 1.5 inch lengthy (that could improve or decrease by a fraction both method). It's pushed using a twin coil electromagnetic "solenoid" drive. It's going to probably make the most of solar power, and DOES include a reverser!!! Even gramps can't back up! I'll have to offer Walkman Jr. the spherical diffusion panel head like the unique has (or fairly had, since it is pieced together from the remanents left after it's accident at the studio and does not look as nice). I'm adding a web page describing it. It should embody documentation, schematics, and especialy picture and video! : ) Oh, and what occurred with the names??? My first robotic was known as Walkman Jr. Hastily, I'm calling it Walkman and the brand new little one, Walkman Jr. Well, I by no means saw it as a Jr. I at all times forgot to write down or say the Jr. part, and it's not realy a Jr. to any of my very own bots. It was inspired by Mark Tilden's Walkman, but I think it is grown out of being Jr. Now he has somewhat bro, and that i've determined to call the little man Walkman Jr. I hope this goes properly with the plenty. If I'd have known I might even have created something so small, I probably would have reserved the title! Hehe! Watch for more info on Walkman Jr. Soon!

Thursday. 2/24/2000

Today. 3/12/2000: Server Problems... And Solutions, ixMicro, and NEW Videos!

Well, as lots of you've gotten seen, my page, as well as the host and each other web page they hosted, has been down for almost a month! I was unable to contact the server administrator. The one tackle I knew was his address through the server. After all, because it was down, I could not contact him. Well, after digging around some other sites (that they had an analogous TI calculator theme), I used to be capable of get his ICQ number. I downloaded the ICQ program onto my Mac and searched for his quantity. Gave me another e-mail tackle, and positive enough, I used to be capable of contact him. He stated they have been getting a brand new server, and if luck held out, that it might be up by the beginning of next month! That made me pleased! After all, it'd have been nicer if he'd have introduced it! Either way, I'm pleased to hear he didn't die or anything! :) Oh, and there are two dates above... After i wrote this, and when it actualy went up. Hopefuly, the distinction won't be excessive. Well, What's this ixMicro thing in the headline??? Well, My new video card is an ixTV Tv Tuner/Capture card from a company known as ixMicro. Well... ixMicro just introduced that they are closing doorways! AHHHHHHH!!! Well, I've modified the $34 (with S&H) card to now provide video outputs (it is purported to be solely for input). It only outputs the Tuner video, however it's enough for what I wished. I'll also be getting a grade for the undertaking in my Enrichment Lab II class, which is all about doing your own projects. Well, I doubted anyone was even there to pay attention, much much less would actualy consider it, however I sent an e-mail requesting technical information on the card... Well learn! I don't even know if anyone is checking these addresses anymore, but information states that ixMicro is closing doors. I've had a couple issues with some capture, but basically, I have been happy with my ixTV card. Anyway, I am going to varsity for electronics expertise, and one class is basicly doing our own projects and targets and then documenting them for grading. One mission was adding video and audio outputs that pull straight off the tuner so I can attach my Commodore Computer monitor to it and use it to watch Tv by means of the computer. I wish to do way more expirimentation with the card. I'm disapointed that you guys are shutting down. You may have the very convenient Dual monitor card that was a fantastic solution to the multi monitor users who hate wasting Apples pathetic 3 PCI slots. It's unlucky, however factor occur. My question is, when you guys are shutting down, where does the technical info documenting your video cards go? If you aren't going to be within the buisness anymore, another person could have to supply updated drivers for hardware for future OS and machine fashions, in any other case, a massive number of people could have a major investment turned to rubbish. As for myself, I'm fascinated about working with the ixTV & ixTV/FM hardware, for college. I would not ask had been you continue to in the buisness, however since you're shutting down, I'd prefer to know if there may be any technical data, information sheets, papers, diagrams, documentation, perhaps even schematics or block diagrams for any of your former products (the Turbo Tv, ixTV, and ixTV/FM particularly)? I don't know how many individuals make such requests of you, but... nicely, it ain't the Apple II days anymore. You do not get the schematic on your laptop off the again web page of your manual. It's tougher to be a hobbyist today, and it is ahellofalot tougher to be a student, when it's a must to have your work graded! Again, I would not even ask in case you had been nonetheless going sturdy. The one reason I ask, is I don't desire the info to go down the drain, and develop into fully inaccessible. I'm HOPING somebody is on the other finish to recieve this e-mail. If anybody recieves it, and is not certified to reply it, please, I beg you forward it to somebody who can. Thank you!

Well, my reply was much more attention-grabbing! Hi: Thanks in your e-mail and i empathize 100% with you and the dozens of different clients which are e-mailing me. I have requested if there is a strategy to launch the code on the internet and am awaiting a response from the former IXMICRO President. Give me a reminder again at the top of the week.

Well, that is received to be the first time I've actualy bought a positive reply on that form of topic! The only reason this could possibly be doable is because they're closing doorways. With any luck, I can get technical documentation for other playing cards too. It might be enjoyable to experiment with these items! If I can get the data, and I am allowed to, I will publish it right here, or if it is to large, offer it at request. I will probably take away this handle inside a month or two (when ixMicro is totally disbanded), as to stop this guy from getting extreme requests for stuff he cannot do. Lastly, I'll mention the movies. First, you possibly can catch 4 clips from the Algo's Factory Tv show that featured 3 of my robots. Included is the Intro Theme, a video displaying Walkman Jr. and a Solarbotics photopopper, a video of BORIS, and the closing credit (no music, it received corupted during capture, plus it is annoying! You can see a shot of the original Walkman Jr. (witht he house made gear box driven by a walkman motor, and the motor that is now Bronco's waist motor). Along with the movies I put up a day or two before the server went down, there are now 2 new videos. One is of Bronco, and the other is of Walkman Jr. Both present obvious enchancment over the Algo's Factory movies. First off, I'm using Strata VideoShop for enhancing video as an alternative of Quicktime. More choices, together with titleing and effects. I have the robot's identify on black and fade into the video, and then fade out at the end of the video. I constructed a easy "Cambot" out of a Robotix set. It includes a coloration micro digital camera on an extending arm and a motorized drive that permits it to comply with alongside aspect of a robot. Works nice! You'll see how the robots are followed in the video. Check them out! You could find them underneath the Robotics part within the Navigation bar (or at the bottom of this web page for frameless viewers). Wednesday. 2/09/2000: Short video clips from Algo's Factory!

I've uploaded brief video clips for you to obtain. I had some bother encoding audio, so some recordsdata don't have any audio or have static in spots. I figured I might as nicely put them up on your viewing pleasure. These movies show the intro (with audio), closing credist (no audio), and video of Walkman Jr. and Photopopper on display, in addition to a 4th video of BORIS strolling (slowly, cause the children drained the batterys!!!). The BORIS video features a CG animation describing the movement of muscle wire. It ain't a lot, however it's one thing. I'd additionally wish to put up increased quality video of Walkman Jr, Bronco, and Megavore. Other bots will get video as it's added. I have a distant on-line laborious drive. If the bandwisdth is a lot for the server, I'll move the files there and link to it. It's supposed to hold 25 MB and support an internet web page. I'll most definitely transfer all video there anyway, if I get time to determine how to use it. I'm additionally going to begin a few of my robotics work once more, and this time, it is for college!!! I decided to take a break to avoid wasting my work for school, and to catch up both mentaly and financialy... Well, not less than I caught up mentaly! :) Click to reach the Algos Factory Page immediately. It also can be found below the "Misc" section in the navigation bar. Monday. 1/28/2000: Oh my gosh it's been some time!!! Updates, All Advantage, A video card, TI Upgrades, School, tasks, occasions, and stuff typically that has waited since final Millenium!

I'll begin by saying what I did to the site... Well, it's not a lot. I updated the copyright data (and added it for that matter to some of the older pages) so that it now reads Copyright © 1996-2000. I additionally added some extra text below the All Advantage banners. I'll be blunt right here... I have been signed up with All Advantage since I obtained my G3. Being the moron that I'm, I was not utilizing it, ready for the Macintosh version to be launched. Well, it utterly passed over my mind that my Soft Windows 98 Pc emulator can do internet access and even do it at a very acceptable pace. I logged onto All Advantage on the VERY finish of November and it worked, but solely made a couple bucks, cause I didn't have time to build up my hours. The subsequent month, issues changed drasticly!!! I had my hours maxed out, and never solely that, however DOUBLED in a mere 10 days. I had constructed up $22.20 with the couple bucks from the tip of November and the month of December. That paid my internet entry for a month, however All Advantage sends out checks after thaey pass $20, to avoid wasting the price of sending $5 checks. Reasonable. Unfortunately, I wasn't making $20 a month, only about $18. Well, I acquired lucky. I signed up a few referals (actualy, they signed themselves. I do not even know who they are, I just have the hyperlink on my net web page and my e-mail signature). Point is, I now get over $20 a month, with NO carry over from the earlier month. I've FREE internet access. The extra referals I build, the more I make, and the extra referals thet my referals make, the extra I make and it goes on for a few levels. The best way it really works, is you obtain a view bar. It has just a few simple buttons and a banner ad, like those which can be on the top or bottoms of varied net pages. It sits at the highest or bottom of the window and takes little area. It runs on 800x600 screens or larger. It hundreds banner adds every so usually, and really un noticably too. There are 2 Pc variations. One is a simple model and one has numerous options like a search and menus and favorite websites stuff. Kinda cool. The Mac version is in beta test. Unfortunately, that means it isn't a typical downloadable item. I do however feel the program is well on it's technique to completion. I solely have an occasional glitch here or there. Functionaly, it works completely. Were it not for occasional freezes, I'd say release it. I hope to see it relesed very shortly.

I additionally thought I'd mention the referal kings! Basicly, the more referals you and your referals and so on have, the more you make. I'm positive you've pals and household and possibly effectively trafficed web sites to spread the word! Anyway, there are some individuals out there which have over one thousand referals. some have over 10000 referals. I acquired a great laugh after i saw it, but 2 of them had their automobiles profesionaly decaled with the All Advantage internet handle, slogan, and their referal ID number so drivers that saw it might sign as referals to them! HAHAHA!!! I want I used to be making enough to get profesional decal jobs for my automotive! Hail to the referal kings child! : )

If you want extra information on All Advantage, then click on here. I'll clarify a couple of issues. If you would like to sign up, go forward. I'm including the link beneath to go on to All Advantage's internet site and join. I Highly recomend it. I notice the cash circulation may be small at first, however it is going to grow, and the extra effort you place into making it grow, the more cash you get in return. Paying for web entry itself is a breeze, and I believe It's nicely price the hassle.

Join All Advantage with the reference ATL 147 and begin making cash! The more referals you get, the extra cash you may get! Starts at $12.50 a month! You only must surf 25 hours a month, that is lower than an hour a day to make this work! I do that in 10 days, easy!!! Well, the continuing video card drama... I seem to have discovered a deal I can't go up. It turns out that an organization is selling surplus ixMicro ixTV cards for $30!!! They even embody a 3 month warantee, so it is not an as is deal! In lower than a week, for a total of $34 even, I'll have a Tv/Capture card in my Macintosh!!! Whoo Hoo!!! I nonetheless need a Video card to drive my second monitor. I'm seeing some interesating below $one hundred 3Dfx playing cards. I even saw an Ix Micro card for a measly $149. I want one with video out however. The explanation I want a 3Dfx card as a substitute of the ATI card, is that I need to be in a position to use graphics acceleration on the other applications I've that require 3Dfx and won't do RAVE or OpenGL. If I can not discover a 3Dfx card with video out (or better,a dn multi function with a tuner), then I'll get the ATI. If there are conflicts with the ATI and the ixTV, then I can ditch the ixTV with mimnimal loss. $34 in comparison with $204??? Either manner, I get what I've wanted for a while and without any real expenses! I bought a load of tools, some components, and a cooling fan for my laptop for over twice that amout! (I will over clock the pc after warantee runs out). Witht he cooling fan, my processor heatsink is now cool to the touch, even under extended operating periods! That's a G3 for you! The thing is a low energy chip, and therefor generates Little or no heat. I still like to be secure. Next mission must be a failure alarm to alert me if any followers ever fail. I should not want to fret. Most over clocked G3s do not even want a fan as long as the case is closed (air has a circulation path that cools your complete thing. a part of the design. That's why the new iMacs don't even want followers!). You could also be involved in realizing what robotics projects are in mind... Well, I havn't carried out much of anything. I'm making an attempt to avoid wasting my work for CLASS!!! I'm taking Enrichment Lab II, which is a 2 credit score tech course that permits the student to create his or her own custom course to teach any thing they want, so as to achieve "official" recognition of their skill and earn credits. I can say I build robots as a passion, however it could impress people more when they hear I aced a category on the subject. Projects beneath method are the completion of Megavore, Hexapod, a light tracking head, some neural expiriments, and if time and cash permits, I'll work on MECI IV M, Spyder, and Quadrapod. Ironicly, Quadrapod is the best on the record of doable candidates for the class project because of it's extra conventional mechanical style. Unfortunately, The price of servos and the equipment is still my disadvantage. We'll should see. I'll additionally embody work with the colleges robotic limb and I'll attempt to get in some Microcontroler work as effectively. I'll positively be doing logic, as it is a specialty of mine. There was speak on the BEAM Robotics mailing checklist o probably creating a tiny 1 neuron expirimenter's device. It might be used like a DIP or liek hextiles that attach from finish to finish to type networks. The topic has lately died down, but I'm hoping that the person who brought it up carries by means of with the mission! I have been recieving increasingly more TI hardware requests. Will you build this. Can you fix that. I've determined I'll submit an inventory of issues I do: Turbo: $10 alone, or Free with 20+ order.

Speakers: $10 alone, $5 with $20+ buy, or Free with $30+ purchase.

AC energy Supply: $20

Compact AA Battery Expander: $20

AA Battery Expander w/case: $30 (case can retailer small gadgets and has a door on it).

EL Backlight: $40 (Works for all TI-8x besides 89 and 80).

Overhead LED Illuminator: $30 (lights LCD from above. Useful on 89)

Shipping is $5 on common.

Labor varies relying on ease of improve. Miscelaneous equipment or parts:

Link port to earphone adaptor: $5

Temperature sensor chips: $5 I no longer do the SPinTerface, as it is out of date. It's helpful for individuals how have small gadgets that need small amounts of energy, however it is major goal was to construct a cartridge based mostly ESF system, built into the calc. Unless you're a hardware expirimenter, or personal some of the unique ESF chips, it is not very useful any extra. The Temperature sensor is a pain, and that i also not build it, but I do have many chips left and will sell them for $5 each. Also notice that I don't have EL panels or inverters in inventory. I must order them. This will take a while, and I want individuals to appreciate that. I can construct the Overhead LED illuminators extra shortly, but again, I have to order parts. I can do Turbo and Speaker upgrades usualy in an hour or two. Also, I don't do orders earlier than cash arrives. I've made and exception and it is a ache, however I am managing. Also, time is a serious thing. I have school. College requires work. I don't have a lot time, therefore, I've elevated the costs on a pair gadgets, as they have not been worth the hassle previously. I usually broke even, or got pair for one or two lunches. I'm not doing this any extra. If people want the advanced upgrades, they must pay for the work concerned,a dn not just the components. I can't be doing this any extra, and infact, I won't be. I know some individuals will complain, however that is the best way it's. Often I recieve requests, and they by no means pan out to anything. I will honor existing orders (as in, the one I'm engaged on now) witht he original prices, however new orders (any I havn't began), will observe the above costs. I remember when I was again on the TI-Hardware mailing listing. I did a turbo with a micro change to select speed for $20 whole. That's Like $15 and transport. Peopel began complaining "hey, that switch price's $1.20, and you solely need wire and possibly a $.Fifty nine cent capacitor or two! Stop over charging us and ripping us off!". I explained that I wasn't going to do the turbo totally free. I eventualy lowered to cost to $10, and it will keep there, however I let myself be influenced. I've lost orders this fashion, however it also assures that I filter out the people who don't have the cash to pay (which is why I now REQUIRE money to start the order). The prices are non negotiable. I have let individuals negotiate me down to a $5 profit. That's full garbage!!! From now on, it's take it or leave it. I'm TOO BUSY in college to do an order for the whole lot and solely make $10. It's absurd. I hope I don't sound to tough, but it's either increade costs and make them non negotiable, or cease doing orders. It is your choice to do the upgrade or not. For essentially the most part, turbo and audio system are so low-cost, they can stay free for most orders. I also can drop them a worth if an order is close to the place it could normaly. There, I'll in all probability nonetheless be a nice guy! : ) I've also been going to craft exhibits. My mother creates fabroshe eggs (I don't have any CLUE the best way to spell that phrase! :) and I've been driving and helping in setup. I have additionally received plans to include neural expertise into one for the mere beauty of the "flashy" LEDs. We have one huge composite egg (made from many smaller shell items) that has a "Crystal City" in it. It's lovely, but static. the extent of it is interactivity is that the central dome adjustments color as you take a look at it from diferent angles. A more open one, with flashing and alternating LEDs would be very nice, and because of a topic I learn on the BEAM robotics listing, I'd wish to make it interactive! contact points to bias timing and maybe even buttons surounding it could impact the best way it appears to be like! It would be fascinating to see what is feasible. I am curently attempting to create the HTML and pictures for my Mother's web site, which is able to characteristic thumbnail galleries of all her carved, painted, and decorated eggs. Whn it is accomplished, I'll post a link within the hyperlinks part, and now have a hyperlink to it from the Index page as well because the navigation bars if room permits. Monday. 8/30/99: Floor Monkey working and new Solar robots. MANY projects. Back in school!

Well, that is fascinating. The final three updates have been to the day, precisely 1 or 2 months apart. I must replace extra. after all, I could possibly be using replace time for building! :) Anyway, Floormonkey works, and it really works nice. I solely should throw in a biasing trim pot to center it is mild sensitivity. I really like this robot. It hums, buzzes and then squeals when positioned in gentle, it turns itself away from light sources, and in certain mild levels (dark, however not too dark), it's 11 pairs of (asthetic) thoracipods will begin to chatter against each other because the motor begins to oscilate at a frequency close to the metal's resonant frequency! I'm very glad to see this very unexpected effect! Also, I obtained a free Solarbotics Photopopper. Excelent kit! My second respectable solar robotic, and the only one that still works. I've a picture of it and my outdated Solarbotics photopopper. Notice the different motors and PCBs. the PCB on the outdated one is darker and an older mannequin I imagine. the new one is purple. The new one also uses the Namiki motors Solarbotics offers. it "pops" at the least as soon as each couple seconds in sunlight. It's good! The following solar challenge to complete is Megavore, and restoring my different photopopper, the Old photovore (nonetheless, a photopopper though), and my SEII Solar roller that expirienced sudden vertical deceleration syndrome (In different words, it hit the floor!). I also intend to do some work with reversers and finish Hexapod. I'm attempting to decide if visible sensors are at all feasible for it. I want it to see objects before it hits them, even if it is with feelers. I also need edge detectors on it. I used to be going to replace with the new photographs earlier, but my password had been modified. Things are again to normal now although. Sunday. 7/30/99: New Images! New Robots! Models coming quickly! TI-Turbo quickly!!!

Well, This should be a record! exactly 2 months!!! I havn't delayed any updates that long for fairly some time! Well. Good news! I have a digital digital camera! It's an Afga CL30. It's extremely nice. There are new pictures of Lots of the robots. I even have two new robots; Sunbird and Hexapod. Sunbird is a 2 degree of freedom mild looking for head. Hexapod is a tiny 6 legged walker, It also has a really "field" like form. I havn't bought parts for the longest time. I must get more electronics. I will even be ending up the TI-Turbo sections, and likewise begin the Models section by including photos of a number of buildings and different fashions that I have built. Sunday. 5/30/99: Images have shrunken!!! Faster loading! PCB layout correction.

I've gone by way of lots of the images on my page and disovered a few of them were inadvertently saved at 100% quality. Although they may look good, the high image quality is extreme and memory consuming. Often 50% is enough, and some photos had been capable of go to as little as 20% (if you do not mind some artifacts in the image). Thumbnails and "non-essential" photographs (mainly stuff from the misc section) have REALY been lowered. Robot and TI (and when i get round to it, mannequin) photographs all will remain fairly increased high quality. They're the primary focus of this page, and can remain clear and outlined, nevertheless, I am nonetheless decreasing the standard enough to Try too keep photographs beneath 10-20K. Some have been 40-50K or much more! Yikes! Along with the picture dimension reductions, I additionally corrected an error on the PCB for the 6 Transistor H-Bridge. The transistors have been ALL drawn backwards (cause by drawing the highest of the board as an alternative of the bottom. The wiring was right, just the orientation of the parts was improper. For those who made PCBs of the 6 Transistor H-Bridge, and have hassle, you have to turn the transistors round. The PCB picture is now appropriate. Tuesday. 5/24/99: Bronco Completely finished! Walking BEAUTIFLY!!!

Click, click, Click, click on, Click, click, Click, click! Such an attractive sound!!! I finaly finished it. It took me from Superbowl Sunday to a few month in the past to actualy buy the LM7805 voltage regulator, and took till at present for me to get off my butt and install it (shows how busy (and lazy) I'm)! Anyway, I solely had an LM340 on it, which may solely handle 100 mA, and would not run the bot for greater than about 5 seconds earlier than overheating. I put in it briefly, simply to test it. The sequence was proper, but it surely by no means had the power to stroll effectively with that LM340. I finaly obtained off my butt and installed it (as well as a centering spring between Bronco's legs and oiling all the joints in my robots). It really works soooooooo good! It even appears to stroll straight (it'll walk straight, and all of the sudden change angle barely. Maybe cause of the floor floor???). For these who've never seen it, it's a three motor walker with a 6 Nv branched Bicore

Comments